Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Fighter's Lines by Marzuki Ali

I am old and worn
and have lost all my strength
sufferings
and the history of the fight for independence
have forced sacrifice
that know no name
or life

From the wheelchair of the of my days
I, body and energy crushed
see and cannot do much
these times are too big a challenge
for the remnants of my crippled years
the net of deceit spread everywhere
disturbs me

In the name of justice
Wake up and form ranks son of our ancestor
Be brave
And erect a wall of people
Stand up heirs of our freedom

I have no more voice
It is you now who should speak!

1 comment:

  1. such an awesome poem... every youth should read this poem and feel the fire of it in their hearts..... one for all, all for one!!! the unity in the poem that we should have with us!!! i salute mr.marzuki ali for this poem of his....

    ReplyDelete